spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer
Main EBT
spacer spacer
spacer Login spacer
spacer spacer
spacer spacer
Create User Account  Create User Account
Cardholders are required to have
a User ID and password to view their:
 - Account Balance
 - Transaction History

spacer spacer

Important Information About Your New Iowa EBT Card
  • You must call Customer Service to select a
    4-digit PIN. You can call Customer Service at 1-800-359-5802.
Farmer’s Market Information: If you receive SNAP EBT benefits, you may spend your benefits at farmers markets across the state. Only select farmers can accept your EBT card. For a list of farmers who can accept EBT, click on the brochure link above. SNAP EBT benefits can be used to buy seeds that bear food, such as peas, corn, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc. You can use your EBT card to buy vegetable plants, such as herbs, peppers, tomatoes, etc. SNAP EBT benefits are different than WIC or Senior FMNP checks. You can buy meat, eggs, cheese, dairy, baked goods, honey, jam/jelly, etc with your SNAP EBT card at farmers markets. Hot prepared foods and hot drinks are not allowed with your SNAP EBT card.

What should I know about my SNAP account?

  • It does not cost you anything to use the Iowa EBT Card for SNAP.
  • You do not ever get cash back when you use your SNAP benefits.
  • You can buy the following items with your Iowa EBT Card : Any food to be eaten at home by people, including baby food, non-alcoholic beverages, and seasonings. Seeds and plants to grow food for your own family’'s consumption.
  • You cannot buy non-grocery items with the SNAP benefits, such as cleaning products, pet food, paper products, alcohol, or tobacco.
  • Ongoing monthly benefits will be available from the 1st through the 10th day of each month based on the first letter of the cardholder's last name.
  • You can use your Iowa EBT Card even if your SNAP case is closed as long as you have benefits left in your account.

What should I know about my Cash account?

  • You can buy non-grocery items with your Cash benefits, such as cleaning products, pet food, and paper products.
  • Some grocery stores will let you get cash from your cash account.
  • You can get your Cash benefits from any ATM displaying the Quest logo.
  • You may have to pay a surcharge at the ATM.
  • Cash withdrawals will cost you $1.00 each.
  • You can use your Iowa EBT Card even if your Cash case is closed as long as you have benefits left in your account.
  • Your benefits will be removed from your account if there has not been any financial activity (such as a cash purchase) on your account in the past 180 days. You will need to contact your local Iowa Department of Social Services office to have your benefits re-issued.

What is a PIN?

  • PIN stands for Personal Identification Number. You must have a 4-digit PIN to use your Iowa EBT Card .
  • Call the Customer Service Call Center to select a PIN to begin using your Iowa EBT Card . You will need your:
    - 19 digit card number from the front of your Iowa EBT Card
    - Social Security Number (last 4 digits only).
    - Birth Date
  • Choose a PIN that is easy for you to remember, but hard for someone else to guess or figure out if you lose your card
  • Never tell anyone else, including a grocery store cashier, your secret PIN
  • Never write your PIN on your card.
  • Do not write your PIN on anything you carry with you like your wallet or purse in case it is lost or stolen.
  • If you forget or want to change your PIN, you may login to your account and follow the links to change your PIN or you may call the Customer Service Call Center and follow the automated instructions for changing your PIN.

  • When entering your PIN to make a purchase, be sure no one else can see what number you are entering. If someone else learns your PIN and uses your card, your benefits will not be replaced.
  • If you think someone else has learned your PIN, call the Customer Service Call Center immediately to choose a new PIN.

How do I select my PIN?

You must always call the Customer Service Call Center at 1-800-359-5802 and follow the prompts to select your PIN for the first time. To change your PIN, login to your account or call the Customer Service Call Center.

You will need the following information to select your Personal Identification Number (PIN):

To select your new PIN, you will need your:

  1. Card number (19 digits on the front of your card).
  2. Last four digits of the Social Security number of the cardholder.
  3. Date of birth of the cardholder.

How do I use my Iowa EBT Card at the store?

  • Make sure you have selected your PIN and remember it before going shopping.
  • Your Iowa EBT Card can be used at stores that display the Quest logo. If you do not see the Quest logo, ask at the customer service desk if the store accepts the EBT card.
  • Go shopping as normal.
  • At the checkout lane, slide your own card or give your card to the clerk depending on the store. The clerk enters your transaction amount. The clerk should not leave the area with your card.
  • You will need to enter your 4 digit PIN.
  • Check the amount that shows in the machine window to make sure it is correct.
  • Make sure the amount on the receipt is the same as the amount you spent. If the receipt is wrong, tell the clerk right away. Keep the receipt as a record of your current balance.

How do I use my card at the ATM?

  • Insert your card into the ATM.
  • Enter your PIN.
  • Press the button for WITHDRAWAL.
  • Press the button for CHECKING.
  • Enter the dollar amount.
  • If the ATM screen tells you that a surcharge will be charged and you do not want to pay it, cancel the transaction by pressing the CANCEL button and try another ATM.
  • Press the button for CORRECT to go on if the amount is right, or CANCEL to stop if the amount is wrong.

How do I protect my Iowa EBT Card ?

  • If your Iowa EBT Card is lost or stolen call the Customer Service Call center(1-800-359-5802) immediately. Your benefits will be protected as soon as you report it lost or stolen and a new card with your remaining benefits will be issued to you.
  • When entering your PIN to make a purchase, be sure no one else can see what number you are entering. If someone else learns your PIN and uses your card and PIN to use your benefits, your benefits will not be replaced.
  • If you think someone else has learned your PIN, call the Customer Service Call Center immediately to select a new PIN.
  • Keep your card away from electronic equipment (like TVs and microwaves) and magnets and out of the sun.

Misuse of your SNAP benefits is a violation of State and Federal laws.

  • Sell, trade or give away your SNAP benefits, PIN or Iowa EBT Card.
  • Allow a retailer to buy your food benefits in exchange for cash.
  • Use someone else'’s SNAP benefits or Iowa EBT card for your household.

Your Right to Equal Treatment

  • This institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex and in some cases religion or political beliefs.
  • The U.S. Department of Agriculture also prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
  • Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
  • To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), found online at:,
    and at any USDA office, or

  • Write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in
    the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form,
    call (866) 632-9992.Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
    (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
    (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
    (3) email:
  • For any other information dealing with
    Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
    (SNAP) issues, persons should either contact
    the USDA SNAP Hotline Number at (800) 221-5689,
    which is also in Spanish or call the State Information/Hotline Numbers
    (click the link for a listing of hotline numbers by State); found online at:
  • To file a complaint of discrimination regarding a program receiving Federal financial assistance through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), write:

  • HHS Director, Office for Civil Rights,
    Room 515-F, 200 Independence Avenue,
    S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201 or
    call (202) 619-0403 (voice) or (800) 537-7697 (TTY).
  • This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer
spacer spacer spacer
  spacer Privacy Policy   spacer